Way of Western Nebraska
Monica Bartling and Doug Mader
Watch the Campaign 2015-2016 Video here!
United Way of Western Nebraska serving Box Butte County is seeking a part-time Director in Alliance. This position is responsible for coordinating annual fund raising, facilitating effective working relationships with local agencies and businesses, and developing strategies to enhance the visibility and role of the United Way in Box Butte County. The Director works with and reports to the Executive Director of United Way of Western Nebraska in Scottsbluff. A flexible schedule is available. Qualifying skills for our perfect candidate will include effective communication, collaboration, innovation, accountability, and the ability to relate well with others. Salary range is $16,000 - $18,000 based upon experience. We are an EOE. Interested and qualified applicants should email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. August 14th.
Click here to learn other ways to give to
United Way of Western Nebraska
and to learn how to
Are you LOOKING for opportunities to give back and make a difference???…….
Like us on facebook if you enjoy making a difference by giving back to others! Feel free to share comments on ways you give back!
- deliver meals to a homebound person. (SB County Volunteer Center - 632-3736)
- walk a shelter dog(s) - you will get some exercise and make a lonely dog’s day!(Panhandle Humane Society- 635-0922)
- become an advocate for a child in the court system (CASA 672-2922)
- deliver commodities or grocery shop for elderly, disabled and homebound people. (SB County Volunteer Center 632-3736)
- be a scout leader (Longs Peak Council, Boy Scouts 632-4179)
- be a side-walker at Buckboard Therapeutic Riding Academy 783-2319
- serve on a board! Currently seeking board members are: Legal Aid of NE 632-4734, Camp Scott436-7304, DOVES 436-2787, Monument Family Connections 641-9497
- help in a classroom-be a community reader (reads a book to group of children); share a skill with a group of children; in the spring/summer help with garden areas (Western NE Child Development Center 633-3211, CAPWN 635-3089)
- A monetary donation to United Way helps 24 programs in our community! Visit www.united wayofwesternnebraska.com to Click & Give to United Way!!!
- Non-perishable food, toiletries, household items to families affected by domestic violence (DOVES 436-2787)
- Dog or cat food, bleach, towels, ziploc bags (complete wish list at panhandlehumanesociety.org (Panhandle Humane Society 635-0922)
- Disposable diapers (Diaper Depot 635-2548)
- Rubbermaid containers with lids, old t-shirts, wicker baskets, spices, puddings, perfumes (complete wish list at riversidediscoverycenter.org
- Gently used wheelchairs, canes, walkers, handicap assistive devices (Panhandle Independent Living Services 635-7901)
- Non-perishable food (Guadalupe Center 632-2845)
In 1945 a small group of volunteer businessmen formed the Scottsbluff
Community Chest, an independent fundraising association. Its purpose
was to raise funds for ten prominent community charities. That year,
the first campaign raised $26,359 which was distributed among those
the years, other agencies have joined our association. Agency names
changed, agencies merged and some simply no longer exist. Today
there are 19 member agencies, including one of the original agencies,
In the 2012-2013
annual campaign, the United Way of Western Nebraska raised over
$429,000. Since their humble beginning, the United Way of Western
Nebraska has raised more than $8,909,303 to help those in need and
in building a stronger, healthier and more compassionate community..the
Become a fan of United Way of Western Nebraska
on facebook...click below!